Laminar Flow Cabinets
Our laminar flow hoods are perfect for use in a laboratory, manufacturing area or cleanroom.
We have created a standard size unit laminar flow booth, that suits a wide number of applications and is available from Cleanroomshop.com.
We can also design bespoke laminar flow units, tailored to match your process.
What is laminar flow?
Laminar flow is where a fluid flows in one direction, with no interruptions from turbulence. In a laminar flow unit, clean air has a unidirectional down flow from the face of the fan filter unit. The accurate terms to describe these units are unidirectional airflow cabinet and down flow booth - however laminar flow cabinet or laminar flow booth is the cleanroom industry's preferred term.
A unidirectional down-flow of clean air ensures that only extremely clean air passes down over the process, protecting sensitive products and processes from airborne particulate.
This means that the environment will be free from any particles shed from operatives, and any particles generated from the process.
Bespoke laminar flow systems
- HEPA fan filter unit & pressure gauge to allow real time filter monitoring
- Can contain either HEPA or ULPA filters depending on the required classification
- Stainless steel bench (solid or perforated) to mount the cabinet
- Optional fluorescent cleanroom grade lighting, to illuminate processes
- Optional integrated flatscreens to show production staff assembly instructions
- Any additional requirements
Laminar flow hood installation options
Each laminar flow hood comes supplied in assembly kit form with easy to follow step by step instructions & video instructions for easy self assembly.
Alternatively, installation & validation is optional. This includes a validation certificate for clients and auditors, giving your processes authentication and you peace of mind.