ISO Class 8 Cleanroom Information
Information on ISO 14644-1:2015 class 8 Cleanroom Classification.
- Federal Standard 209E equivalent: Class 100,000
- Associated EU GMP Grade: D
- Recommended air changes per hour (ACH): 5-48
- Typically measured micron sizes: 5.0µ and 0.5µ.
- Maximum allowable concentrations by cleanroom class: See our cleanroom classifications page.
Considerations for ISO class 8 cleanrooms
High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration is 99.99% efficient at 0.3 micron and should be considered when looking to achieve ISO class 8.
Monobloc panel, hardwall and softwall cleanroom envelopes are all effective at achieving the environment required for ISO class 8.
If organisations are working towards GMP grades, monobloc is the most effective solution, as it can accommodate required features such as interlocked doors and coved floors.
How Big is a Micron?
How often do we actually think about how small a micron actually is?Read more
ISO 14644-1 Class 7 Cleanroom Classification Guidelines
ISO Class 7 Cleanrooms typically use HEPA filters and can be constructed as Softwall, Hardwall or Mo...Read more
ISO 14644-1 Class 6 Cleanroom Classification Guidelines
ISO Class 6 Cleanrooms are typically hardwall or monobloc construction and often utilise HEPA filtra...Read more